Graphic Rhythm Designs uses Thrive Cart to process payments and to manage subscriptions in conjunction with PayPal
ThriveCart is a platform designed to make it easy for businesses and marketers to create engaging checkout pages and deliver their products and services to you, their customer.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how we collect and process personal information about you when you visit our website (thrivecart.com), when you use our products and services (our “Services”), or when you otherwise do business or make contact with us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we handle your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal information from you:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with such information in the course of using our website or Services. For example, when you register to use our Services, we will collect your name, email address, password, organization information, and billing details. We also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to a survey. If you make an enquiry through our website, or contact us in any other way, we will keep a copy of your communications with us.
- Information we collect when you do business with us: We may process your personal information when you do business with us – for example, as a customer or prospective customer, or as a vendor, supplier, consultant, or other third party. For example, we may hold your business contact information and financial account information (if any) and other communications you have with us for the purposes of maintaining our business relations with you.
- Information we automatically collect: We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you visit our website, such as IP address, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, your use of our website, and other clickstream data. We collect this information automatically through the use of various technologies, such as cookies.
- Personal information where we act as a data processor: We also process personal information on behalf of our customers in the context of supporting our products and services. Where a customer subscribes to our Services, they will be the ones who control what data is collected and stored on our systems. For example, they may ask us to request from you basic user data (e.g., email address), but may request more detailed information (e.g. your billing address). In such cases, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our customers. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our customers to find out more about how such information is handled by them.
What do we use your information for?
The personal information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To deal with enquiries, requests and technical support (your information helps us respond to your individual needs)
- To create and administer records about any online account that you register with us
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you), including to improve the navigation and content of our sites
- For website and system administration and security
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our users, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to generally manage our business
- To process transactions and to provide Services to our customers and end-users
- For recruitment purposes, in the event you apply for a job with us
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other content across our site
- To send periodic transactional emails. The email address you provide to process your order and purchase a product will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we will send occasional marketing emails about our products and services, which you can unsubscribe from at any time using the link provided in the message
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. During and after a transaction, none of your private information (e.g., credit card numbers, social security numbers, financials) are transmitted to nor stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will only share your information with third parties in certain circumstances:
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- We may also disclose information about you to third parties where we believe it necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property or that of third parties; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users, customers, and other third parties.
- We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes.
We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
As noted, the ThriveCart platform creates and hosts checkout pages for our customers. When visiting such pages, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our customers. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our customers to find out more about how such information is handled by them.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
As a New Zealand-based company, we are not able to self-certify under the EU-U.S Privacy Shield framework, however, we have committed publicly to an equivalent agreement. More details of this commitment can be found here.
If you are from the EU, you may have the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or to request the correction, amendment, or deletion of such information where it is inaccurate or processed in violation of the principles of the Privacy Shield framework. To make such a request, please contact us at the contact details at the bottom of this document.
We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with the Privacy Shield equivalent framework and applicable laws.
You can also unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the instructions or unsubscribe mechanism in the email message itself.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details at the bottom of this document, and we will delete your personal information on request.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Data Protection Officer & EU representative
The Data Protection Officer and EU representative for WebActix Ltd (ThriveCart’s parent company) is named as Marc Fowler. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days.
You may contact our support staff by clicking here and going to this submission page or by emailing email@example.com. We endeavour to respond to all messages within 24 hours, but depending on the nature of your request, it may take longer.
Graphic Rhythm Designs uses Active Campaign to collect and manage emails
Last Updated: May 24th, 2018These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, applications and other online products and services, including email services, marketing services, review and message boards and various other message communication applications (collectively, our “Services”) provided by ActiveCampaign, LLC. (“ActiveCampaign”, “we”, or “us”). By clicking to indicate your acceptance of these Terms, or otherwise accessing or using the Services, you agree to these Terms, and to use our Services in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.activecampaign.com/aup/), which is incorporated by reference into these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 18, do not access or use our Services. In addition to these Terms, we may ask you to accept additional terms that apply to specific features, products or services. To the extent any additional terms conflict with these Terms, the additional terms govern with respect to your access to or use of the applicable feature, product or service. If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Eligibility and AuthorityYou must be at 18 years of age or older to access or use our Services. If you are accessing or using our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
2) Accounts; Account Security; Electronic CommunicationsYou will need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account, not share your account credentials, and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. By creating an ActiveCampaign account, you consent to receive electronic communications from ActiveCampaign (e.g., via email or by posting notices on our Services). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing.
4) Our Services; License.Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store and share marketing or other communications content, including email, text or SMS messages, photos, videos, software and other materials, and review or message boards (collectively, "Marketing Content"). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your Marketing Content, as between you and ActiveCampaign. You grant ActiveCampaign a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, and sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and display your Marketing Content to the recipients or audience designated by you or otherwise in accordance with the settings you specify in the Services. You may not to create, post, store or share any Marketing Content that violates these Terms, including our Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.activecampaign.com/aup/), or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. When using the Services, you may import data, including personally identifiable information, regarding your Contacts (as defined below)(“Contact Data”). We use Contact Data only to provide Services to you and at your direction, and do not disclose Contact Data to third parties, except as follows:
- We may share Contact Data with our third party service providers to provide our Services or administer the site.
- If any portion of ActiveCampaign is sold, Contact Data may be part of the business assets we transfer. Contact Data also may be disclosed if ActiveCampaign is considering or completes the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of the company.
- We may disclose Contact Data as we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with any judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants or orders.
- We reserve the right to use, disclose and share your information and Contact Data to investigate, prevent or take action with respect to any potential or actual fraud, illegal activities, circumstances which threaten the physical safety of any person, violations of these Terms of Service or as otherwise required by law.
- We may receive requests directly from individuals not to receive emails from our Services. To comply with international data protection laws and to respect their requests, we place those individuals on our Global Exclusion List so that they may no longer receive emails from our Services. If a requesting individual is a Contact in your database, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of such request before placing that Contact on our list.
5) Prohibited Conduct
5.1) Prohibited Activities on the Services.You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using our Services. When you access or use our Services, you will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation, any ActiveCampaign official, employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with such a person or entity;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and ActiveCampaign;
- Access the Services by any means other than through the standard industry-accepted or ActiveCampaign-approved application program interfaces;
- Use our Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Delete or revise any material, including Marketing Content, posted by another person or entity;
- Delete or modify any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register or subscribe, unsubscribe or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any ActiveCampaign product or Service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Develop or use any third-party applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file that controls automated access to portions of our Services;
- Export or attempt to export certain data points, including but not limited to EGEO and ERJA data, that cannot be exported from the Services; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
5.2) Compliance with LawsYou represent and warrant that your access to and use of the Services will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those that relate to privacy and data protection and to the sending of electronic communications. You further represent and warrant that you have a lawful basis for processing and sending Marketing Content and communications to your customers, business contacts or followers who consent to receiving marketing messages from you or on your behalf (“Contacts”), whether through legally appropriate consents or otherwise. You will not provide ActiveCampaign or upload to the Services, or take any actions with respect to, any Marketing Content or Contact Data for which you do not have a lawful basis for processing, permissions or consents in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You (and not ActiveCampaign) are responsible for ensuring that you meet all notice and consent obligations for sending communications to individuals in the jurisdictions where they reside. For more information and best practices tips, please see our Consent page (https://www.activecampaign.com/consent/). While our Services allow you to manage and access consents and other Contact Data, you acknowledge and agree that you, and not ActiveCampaign, have sole responsibility for maintaining all records relating thereto. You are solely responsible for determining whether our Services are suitable for use in light of any laws and regulations that govern your entity, industry, or relationship with your own Contacts, including but not limited to consumer protection, privacy, advertising, intellectual property or other laws. You may not use our Services for any unlawful or discriminatory activities, including acts prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, or other laws that apply to commerce.
5.3 Reporting AbuseIf you think anyone using the Services is violating any of these Terms, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
6) Terms of Sale
6.1) SubscriptionsWhen you sign up for our Services, you agree to a monthly subscription contract with ActiveCampaign. WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) ACTIVECAMPAIGN (OR OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR) IS AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE YOU ON A MONTHLY BASIS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION (IN ADDITION TO ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) FOR AS LONG AS YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CONTINUES, AND (B) YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL YOU CANCEL IT OR WE SUSPEND OR STOP PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS. For more information about pricing and subscription plans, please visit our Pricing page.
6.2) Cancellation.You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your account and following the instructions on your account dashboard for cancellation or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such cancellation notice must be sent by the designated account owner or an authorized signatory. Inactivity does not constitute automatic cancellation, so unless you cancel your account in accordance with this section, you will continue to be charged for subscription to the Services. All cancellation requests will take effect at the end of then-current subscription period in which the cancellation request is made, and you will be responsible for all fees and any applicable taxes and other charges rendered up through the cancellation date. In the event you cancel your subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about ActiveCampaign, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
6.3) One-Time PurchasesSome features of our Services, such as templates, may be offered as a standalone, non-subscription product. We will charge your payment method at the time of such purchases as a one-time purchase.
6.4) Free TrialsFrom time to time, to the extent legally permitted, we may offer free trials of certain subscriptions for specified period of time without payment. If we offer you a free trial, the specific terms of your free trial will be provided in the marketing materials describing the particular trial or at registration. We reserve the right to modify or terminate free trials at any time, without notice and in our sole discretion.
6.5) Payment and Billing InformationBy providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated payment method. In addition, you authorize (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount of your subscription fees (and applicable taxes and other charges). If the payment method cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, your account may be suspended until your payment is processed. You must resolve any problem we encounter in order to proceed. You acknowledge that the amount billed may vary due to promotional offers, changes to your subscription or changes in applicable taxes or other charges, and you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the corresponding amount.
7) Limited License; Copyright and TrademarkOur Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein (collectively, the “ActiveCampaign Content”) are owned by or licensed to ActiveCampaign and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, ActiveCampaign and our licensors reserve all rights in and to our Services and the ActiveCampaign Content. You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services and ActiveCampaign Content for (i) your own personal use or (ii) if you are a business or organization, to communicate about your business or organization with your Contacts. However, such license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or commercially use our Services or ActiveCampaign Content; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display ActiveCampaign Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; (c) modify the ActiveCampaign Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services or ActiveCampaign Content; (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; and (e) use our Services or ActiveCampaign Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of our Services or ActiveCampaign Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
8) Third Party Content and ServicesWe may display content, advertisements and promotions from third parties through the Services (“Third Party Content”). We do not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third Party Content, including, without limitation, regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that your interactions with third parties providing Third Party Content are solely between you and such third parties.
We may also provide you with access to certain services, features or functionality offered by a third party in connection with the Services. Use of any such services, features or functionality will be subject to separate terms of service between you and such third party, and not these Terms. The third party provider, and not ActiveCampaign, will be solely responsible for providing you with such services, features or functionality.
9) FeedbackAny questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about ActiveCampaign or our products or Services (collectively, “Feedback”), is non-confidential and will become the sole property of ActiveCampaign. We will own exclusive rights, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to Feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
10) Copyright ComplaintsWe have a policy of limiting access to our Services and terminating the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify ActiveCampaign’s Designated Agent as follows:
Designated Agent: Jason VandeBoomPlease see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to ActiveCampaign for certain costs and damages.
Address: 1 North Dearborn Street, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602
Telephone Number: (773) 360-2270
E-Mail Address: email@example.com